Garland, Texas

The normal range of my charges are $18 to $35 - This month of January - I got hit with $196.Now, they are either the worst negotiators/business managers or we are getting gouged to the max.

This has been an exceptionally mild winter in Garland, Texas and it's obvious that they are not reading meters. Their guesstimates are skewed and we're getting screwed - I guess when you are the only game in town, you can hold the public hostage. This is not a glitch in their computer billing, which is precisely why I never 'autopay' my utilities. The overcharge comes after they dug up my yard to replace deteriorating pipes (understandable) and completely destroyed my irrigation system in the process (which will require thousands to replace and repair).

Obviously, the infrastructure needs upgrading but not on the backs of economically struggling patrons.I understand fluctuating markets and pricing variables - but this 'insult to injury' extreme is laughable if it were not so shockingly obvious Maybe the FTC can look into this - if they haven't been corrupted.

Review about: Atmos Energy Gas Service.

I didn't like: Pricing, Mishandled payments, Customer service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Atmos Energy?

Comments

Most companies including electric guess instead of reading meters. Total scam.