Atmos Energy - Price Gouging

21 of 76 Atmos Energy reviews

The normal range of my charges are $18 to $35 - This month of January - I got hit with $196.Now, they are either the worst negotiators/business managers or we are getting gouged to the max.

This has been an exceptionally mild winter in Garland, Texas and it's obvious that they are not reading meters. Their guesstimates are skewed and we're getting screwed - I guess when you are the only game in town, you can hold the public hostage. This is not a glitch in their computer billing, which is precisely why I never 'autopay' my utilities. The overcharge comes after they dug up my yard to replace deteriorating pipes (understandable) and completely destroyed my irrigation system in the process (which will require thousands to replace and repair).

Obviously, the infrastructure needs upgrading but not on the backs of economically struggling patrons.I understand fluctuating markets and pricing variables - but this 'insult to injury' extreme is laughable if it were not so shockingly obvious Maybe the FTC can look into this - if they haven't been corrupted.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Atmos Energy Gas Service
Review category
Utility
review #781513 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Atmos Energy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
21 of 76 Atmos Energy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 13 #1226603

Most companies including electric guess instead of reading meters. Total scam.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.