The normal range of my charges are $18 to $35 - This month of January - I got hit with $196.Now, they are either the worst negotiators/business managers or we are getting gouged to the max.
This has been an exceptionally mild winter in Garland, Texas and it's obvious that they are not reading meters. Their guesstimates are skewed and we're getting screwed - I guess when you are the only game in town, you can hold the public hostage. This is not a glitch in their computer billing, which is precisely why I never 'autopay' my utilities. The overcharge comes after they dug up my yard to replace deteriorating pipes (understandable) and completely destroyed my irrigation system in the process (which will require thousands to replace and repair).
Obviously, the infrastructure needs upgrading but not on the backs of economically struggling patrons.I understand fluctuating markets and pricing variables - but this 'insult to injury' extreme is laughable if it were not so shockingly obvious Maybe the FTC can look into this - if they haven't been corrupted.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Mishandled payments
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Product or service
- Atmos Energy Gas Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought 3 turbines and a controller a year ago. In one year I got broken blades, the turbines shook like crazy, never worked or made 20% of the sold..."
- "After reading the prior 10 reviews I'll begin by stating this is a REAL review by a REAL customer. I was personally against the installation of the solar panels from..."
- "Looking for a no cog low wind startup wind turbine generator for your residential roof top install? Look at this! http://www.mwands.com/pdf_files/legal/ I saved my money, shopped eBay and bought the Thermodyne Systems Windgeneering..."
- "Dear Consumers My community was devastated by a deadly tornado Ocwen released 1/3 of funds and has made every excuse to keep the remaining Insurance money, these folks are criminals, they will not..."
- "I would give LG service negative stars if I could. I purchased a dishwasher in April, model# LDS4821ST, and the unit has worked pretty well. Recently and suddenly, the paint..."
- "I switched from TWC who ive been with since 2008 to Verizon on March 26. I did not get a hood deal so before i moved I called to cancel...."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "I used collage.com plenty of times and was quite happy but recently that has changed.I ordered 4 pillows ,nice and colorful and clear.I recieved pillows that had no detail and..."