The normal range of my charges are $18 to $35 - This month of January - I got hit with $196.Now, they are either the worst negotiators/business managers or we are getting gouged to the max.
This has been an exceptionally mild winter in Garland, Texas and it's obvious that they are not reading meters. Their guesstimates are skewed and we're getting screwed - I guess when you are the only game in town, you can hold the public hostage. This is not a glitch in their computer billing, which is precisely why I never 'autopay' my utilities. The overcharge comes after they dug up my yard to replace deteriorating pipes (understandable) and completely destroyed my irrigation system in the process (which will require thousands to replace and repair).
Obviously, the infrastructure needs upgrading but not on the backs of economically struggling patrons.I understand fluctuating markets and pricing variables - but this 'insult to injury' extreme is laughable if it were not so shockingly obvious Maybe the FTC can look into this - if they haven't been corrupted.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Mishandled payments
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Product or service
- Atmos Energy Gas Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "The Lerman Law Firm (Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA) today praised WPTV investigative reporter Jenn Strathman for her efforts to lay out key steps that consumers should take to protect themselves..."
- "In July we received a bill from PG&E for our True Up Bill for $1095.16 for the complete years usage. This came as surprise to us that we owed PG&E,..."
- "I switched from TWC who ive been with since 2008 to Verizon on March 26. I did not get a hood deal so before i moved I called to cancel...."
- "Dear Consumers My community was devastated by a deadly tornado Ocwen released 1/3 of funds and has made every excuse to keep the remaining Insurance money, these folks are criminals, they will not..."
- "Missy Starling, ABR ALHS Realtor from Dallas Fort Worth Area has scammed us out of money from the purchase of our home. It is unfortunate that we are pushed to..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."